Senior Systems Administrator
About the position
Squeeze is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Systems Administrator to join our team. The focus of the role will be to drive forward the diverse IT projects. The candidate will be responsible for future proofing Linux and Windows infrastructure to cope with the ever evolving working landscape. The role will initially require the leadership of both Linux and Windows configuration management and automation. The role requires extensive knowledge of architecture, and network configuration. The role includes elements of project management, communication across other departments, the delegation of tasks and coordination of schedules.
- Take a leadership role in the development of our infrastructure with a focus on automation using tools like puppet;
- Lead the architecture and design of the global network infrastructure;
- Manage and support existing environment with a focus on stability and security;
- Mentor IT staff on OS/switch/router Administration and best practices;
- Help to develop policies and formal documentation for systems and processes;
- Provide senior escalation point for all related IT support issues;
- Lead maintenance and automation projects and initiatives;
- Research and evaluate emerging relevant technologies and services;
- Construct and implement workflows across multiple teams.
- 10 years of experience working in a System Administrator role;
- Extensive experience with Linux and Windows, architecture and management for enterprise-scale deployments;
- Configuration management design and deployment experience (puppet, SSCM, Ansible, etc.);
- Switch configuration experience including network design and best practices;
- Next Generation Firewall experience including security best practices (IPS, IDS, etc.);
- Scripting knowledge for automation (Bash, Powershell, Python);
- Expertise in deploying and maintaining business critical applications and solutions;
- Working knowledge of DNS and DHCP deployments and best practices.
- Experience with GIT, Agile methodology and working within CI/CD pipelines;
- Experience of working with Jira, Confluence;
- Experience with maintaining, migrating, and supporting container deployments (kubernetes);
- Experience with solutions around compute, storage and network;
- Experience with Linux based infrastructure including VM;
- Experience with Active Directory, SSSD SAMBA and Kerberos;
- Experience with Docker container and Kubernetes;
- Experience with SSO services (OKTA, Auth0);
- Experience with DEVOPS methodologies and culture.