Senior System Administrator
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Systems Administrator ensures that the network infrastructure and security are maintained to the highest standards in order to provide consistent IT service to the teams in place in a highly secure environment.
- Administer and manage high-performance servers, networks and storage infrastructures;
- Manage and test backup, recovery and disaster recovery solutions;
- Install, configure and maintain computer tools, hardware and software, ensuring that they remain upgraded and, when necessary, corrected properly and on time;
- Seeking appropriate solutions and techniques to meet the technological challenges encountered;
- Identifying problems and communicating them to those in charge;
- Exchanging with the team through various means of communication in order to contribute to the optimal configuration of the systems and problem solving processes;
- Ensure quality control by producing the appropriate technical documentation, by ensuring that change management procedures are respected and by reporting any risks related to the environment to the IT Manager;
- Assisting in the planning and execution of data centre expansion;
- Ensuring that the selected tools are properly integrated and secured;
- Assist internal users as required;
- Assist with the daily ticketing of technical support;
- Serve as an escalation point for Level 1 and Level 2 support requests.
- Demonstrates technical skills, with the ability to learn new equipment and procedures quickly;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrated customer service skills;
- Ability to express himself clearly and precisely;
- Ability to work independently with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the visual effects, video game or animation industry is an asset.
- DEC/AEC in Network Administration or university degree related to the position;
- 5 years relevant experience in a Linux environment is essential;
- 5 years of relevant experience in a Microsoft environment is essential;
- A minimum of 3 years experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash, PowerShell) is essential;
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Salt or Ansible is essential;
- Experience with VM architectures;
- Experience using development tools such as Git, Jira or Confluence is essential;
- Good knowledge of network technologies: VLAN, Routing, Firewall and protocol (NFS, SAMBA);
- Experience in managing high performance networked storage environments is an asset;
- Experience in managing large multi-platform environments, ideally a combination of Windows, Linux and Mac OS environments, is essential;
- Enjoys using open-source technologies;
- Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken;
- Experience with Docker, Ovirt and Proxmox (an asset).