Crowd FX Artist
Squeeze and Moov currently have an exciting opportunity for a Crowd FX Artist to join our FX team. The Crowd FX Artist will apply their creative and technical skills to populate our world-class projects with crowds. They will be part of the film-making process from asset creation through early shot layout to final rendering.
- Apply creative and technical skills to create great-looking crowds ;
- Design crowd character behavior from scratch within the crowd simulation software ;
- Create crowd versions of character geometry, materials, and rigs with an eye towards variation and efficiency ;
- Identify and breakdown behaviors into cycles for artists to animate ;
- Work with the larger production to populate shots with crowds from early layout to final rendering ;
- Be a strong collaborator during brainstorming and problem-solving sessions ;
- Identify opportunities to share knowledge and educate others on the production process ;
- Participate in the development of the tooling and pipeline with the pipeline TDs.
- Artistic ;
- Detail-oriented ;
- Good communication ;
- Team spirit ;
- Excellent problem-solving skills ;
- Open to constructive criticism ;
- Autonomous ;
- Rigorous ;
- Able to deal with tight deadlines.
- 5 years of extensive experience in the animated movie industry ;
- Relevant background related to 3D animation ;
- Mastery of Houdini, MASSIVE, MiArmy or Golaem experience needed.
- Good knowledge of MAYA, Python, MEL, Linux.