Squeeze is looking for an exceptional rigging artist. This person’s deep technical, mathematical and artistic knowledge will set them apart and allow them to find ingenious solutions and ways to push our rigs to the highest level, thus allowing our animation team to achieve the best quality of animation for which the studio is renowned for.
- Create and maintain complex rigs and skins using Maya ;
- Collaborate closely with the animation and modeling team to ensure the most optimal rigging job ;
- Contribute to the optimization of the rigging production pipeline (and other departments if the need arise) ;
- Work efficiently within deadlines, technical requirements regarding projects, in various visual signatures ;
- Proactive in problem-solving and continuously improves quality.
- Team player ;
- Good communication skills ;
- Detail-oriented ;
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues ;
- Initiative ;
- Creative ;
- Open to constructive criticism ;
- Ability to respect project deadlines ;
- Rigorous ;
- A minimum of 3 years in a CGI production ;
- DEC/AEC or university education related to the position (3D animation, programming, multimedia, etc.) ;
- Good knowledge of Maya and Python ;
- Good knowledge of the human, facial, and quadrupeds anatomy and movements ;
- Good knowledge of a CG production pipeline and the work done by other production departments ;
- Experience in animation, a plus.