Visual Development Artist
About the position
The Visual Development Artist is responsible for developing concepts in different forms in order to provide the production with all the tools necessary to adequately follow the artistic vision of an animated film project. He or she uses their animation, illustration, drawing and design skills to create visual pieces that present a possible avenue for the look of a project.
- Get to know the main lines of the projects in order to understand the environments, objects, ambiances, story, and style ;
- Work with the creative department to develop the environments, colors, lighting, and objects for the production of animated projects or other types of projects ;
- Study the established art direction in order to be familiar with the layout of the environments, objects, and colors ;
- Work under the supervision of the artistic director ;
- Make modifications when necessary.
- Creative ;
- Observant ;
- Detail-oriented ;
- Developed artistic sense ;
- Team player ;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines ;
- Good communication skills ;
- Open to constructive criticism ;
- Organized ;
- Rigorous ;
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in design or other relevant experience ;
- Drawing expertise ;
- Excellent command of Photoshop ;
- Good knowledge of traditional or digital illustration ;
- Good knowledge of color theory ;
- Knowledge of 3D (Zbrush, Sketch-up, and Maya) an asset.