About the position
Squeeze and Moov are looking for a layout artist who will be in charge of executing the cinematographic aspects of its projects. This person will act as a "digital camera operator" to create well-framed camera shots and basic animations in order to preview them.
- Following the director’s call, create camera shots and their movements for all production sequences;
- Establish camera angles and animate them if necessary;
- Check the conformity and continuity of the sequences;
- Work in collaboration with other departments to develop technical approaches for the sequences of each project;
- Assist in the development of a pipeline for the layout department;
- Ensure adequate technical specifications in the configuration of layout scenes.
- At least 3 years' experience in a VFX or CG production pipeline;
- Good knowledge of Maya;
- Good general knowledge of camera, modeling, and animation;
- Good eye for composition and perspective;
- Experience in editing, lighting, compositing, a plus;
- Knowledge of scripting with Mel or Python, a plus;
- Experience in animation, a plus.
- Artistic sense;
- Attention to detail;
- Team player;
- Strong ability to solve technical problems;
- Good communication;
- Open to constructive criticism;