About the position
Moov is looking for a Lead Environment and Matte Painting, a passionate person who will be in charge of the studio's environment modeling, texture and matte painting department. This person will work closely with the pre-production team to ensure that the artistic vision of the projects is respected and well represented. Through his or her leadership, this person will lead the team to surpass itself, to achieve the quality for which Squeeze is renowned.
- Supervise the environment modeling, texture and matte painting team ;
- Establishes the technical vision to execute the creation of environments and accessories, based on references, storyboards, concepts, etc. ;
- Works with the Artistic Director, the CG, and VFX supervisor to ensure that the creative direction is followed and the project runs smoothly ;
- Models objects and environments ;
- Apply textures and mapping ;
- Ability to create textures without any basic elements or using photographs, references or any other image source ;
- Develop the surface quality of assets to take them to a higher level ;
- Work with your team to determine the best possible techniques and creative approaches ;
- Provide creative ideas and solutions to optimize the visual quality and technical level ;
- Collaborates with the production team and establishes a work process and pipeline to facilitate the complete creation of environments and accessories.