About the position
Squeeze is looking for a creative and visionary Lead storyboard! With his outstanding talent and boundless imagination, he will have to bring the scripts to life by conceptualizing them in 2D. This person will have the chance to participate in the creative room during the project ideation, in collaboration with the creative team. He or she will also be responsible for managing the storyboard department to support the scripts and the realization of the 3D projects.
- Conceptualize and produce storyboards and 2D animatics from the provided scenarios (various styles);
- Collaborate with the director in order to generate creative ideas for the staging of shots, framing, camera movements/rhythm and orientation, set and character positions, sounds and special effects;
- To develop the characters' personalities and emotions.
- Strong ability to express and invent story, action and emotion with a strong emphasis on humor and character;
- Inspiring team leadership ;
- Excellent interpersonal relations and team coaching, ability to detect talent ;
- Comfortable with all types of formats: short or feature films, high quality TV series, commercials, etc...
- Excellent ability to read the intentions of a script ;
- Sense of design;
- Speed of execution;
- Sense of organization;
- Open to constructive criticism;
- Excellent ability to adapt to change;
- DEC/AEC or university degree related to the position (3D animation, multimedia, etc.);
- Solid experience in the animated film, game or visual effects industry as a storyboard artist;
- Experience in 2D and 3D animation production;
- Good understanding of animation principles: emotions, game/performance, movement;
- Good knowledge of storyboard production software (Toon boom, Photoshop, Story-boarder, etc.) Knowledge in Flix, an asset.