The Pipeline Developer is responsible for the design and development of workflows and tools to facilitate the production process of our projects. In addition to having strong technical and software development skills, the Pipeline Dev is an excellent communicator, being able to understand and communicate effectively between technical and non-technical developers and artists.
- Work with the development team to design, support and enhance the tools and workflows for the production pipeline ;
- Provide technical advice and support to artists and department leads ;
- Maintain both technical and artist-facing documentation of tools and workflows ;
- Ensure that established objectives, deadlines and deliverables are met ;
- Foster a respectful work environment and good team spirit.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely ;
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills ;
- A positive and collaborative attitude ;
- A keen interest in current and emerging technologies ;
- Autonomous ;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- At least five (5) years of experience in animation, visual effects or equivalent production environment ;
- A degree in computer science, 3D animation or the equivalent in work experience ;
- Excellent knowledge of Python ;
- Experience developing tools for DCCs such as Maya, Nuke or Houdini ;
- Ability to create robust user interfaces in PyQt/Pyside ;
- Experience with C++, an asset ;
- Experience with Shotgun, Shotgun Toolkit, Redshift, Houdini and Unreal Engine, an asset ;
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies is an asset.