Reporting to the Head of IT, the DevOps Engineer works closely with the Head of IT to continue to define and implement best practices. Devops Engineer is encouraged to propose and lead projects that will advance the technology framework. This includes elements of project management, communication across other departments and delegation of tasks and coordination of schedules.
- Development of deployment and automation tools.
- Contingency planning, setting/meeting milestones, coordinating communications and ensuring that documentation and support needs are accommodated
- Actively mentor and assist in the technical development of junior staff
- Be an example of technical excellence Install, support and maintain servers and storage file systems
- Ensure systems run reliably, plan for and implement upcoming requirements, and respond to service outages or other systems related problems
- System performance optimisation
- Scripting and programming
- Provide operational insight in our systems
- Highlight performance, quality or security issues with existing services and suggest or implement solutions Identifying changing requirements and recommending solutions
- Demonstrates technical skills, with the ability to learn new equipment and procedures quickly;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrated customer service skills;
- Ability to express himself clearly and precisely;
- Ability to work independently with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the visual effects, video game or animation industry is an asset.
- DEC/AEC in Network Administration or university degree related to the position;
- 3 years relevant experience in a Linux environment is essential;
- 3 years of relevant experience in a Microsoft environment is essential;
- A minimum of 3 years experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash, PowerShell) is essential;
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Salt or Ansible is essential;
- Experience using development tools such as Git, Jira or Confluence is essential;
- Enjoys using open-source technologies;
- Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken;