About the position
The Pipeline Technical Director (TD) is responsible for the development and implementation of tools, to facilitate the production process of our projects. Its work consists of developing, deploying, managing and supporting the necessary pipeline services and the integration of third parties into the pipeline.
- Work with the development team, to design and maintain the production tools and animation pipeline ;
- Monitor data integrity for the needs of all departments ;
- Provide technical support in case of problems encountered by the artists;
- Create and update documentation and assist in the deployment of new technologies ;
- Develop, design and implement pipeline tools for production ;
- Ensure the maintenance of tools ;
- Solve and optimize common production problems ;
- Find ways to optimize productivity ;
- Work with supervisors in each department ;
- Document tools, scripts, procedures, etc. ;
- Ensure that established objectives, deadlines and deliverables are met ;
- Foster a respectful work environment and a good team spirit ;
- Technical support for artists.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely ;
- Ability in customer service ;
- Organizational skills ;
- Team spirit ;
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills ;
- Autonomous ;
- Rigorous ;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Have at least five (5) years of experience in animation, visual effects or equivalent production environment ;
- Mastering Maya ;
- Knowledge of the complete process of a CGI production ;
- Software development skills ;
- Excellent knowledge of Python ;
- Knowledge in C++, an asset ;
- Knowledge of Shotgun, Shotgun Toolkit, Redshift and Houdini, an asset.