Communications and Marketing Director
About the position
This position represents a highly stimulating opportunity for a marketing and communications specialist wishing to actively participate in the ambitious international positioning strategy of our Quebec City and Montreal studios. All this, in line with the growth plan established by management.
You will work in a flexible and collaborative environment, along with the executives, the business development team, the original creations team and your own team. This is an opportunity to put your creativity, experience and drive to work in a growing company where your contribution will make a real difference.
- Define and deploy Squeeze's local and international communication and marketing strategy in line with the growth plan established by management;
- Set the tone and editorial approach that will serve as the foundation for Squeeze's internal and external communications in order to present a strong and consistent brand image;
- Support the executive, business development and original production teams in their communication and marketing needs, meeting deadlines and effectively prioritizing requests;
- Work with Human Resources to develop and implement initiatives to support the employer brand, recruitment and employee engagement;
- Leading the redesign of the corporate website and supporting the development of existing and developing original brand websites;
- Develop appropriate communication and marketing strategies to leverage the various relevant social networks and provide Squeeze with a strong online presence;
- Ensure that all texts written for internal and external communications are in impeccable English and French;
- Maximize the impact of Squeeze's participation in national and international events (booth, promotional materials, conferences, etc.);
- Develop and maintain a network of first-rate contacts in the entertainment sector (film/television/ amusement park/video game) and in the media in Quebec, Canada and internationally, particularly in Los Angeles;
- Proactively monitor the media and extract useful data for strategic decision-making;
- Define the internal communication strategy including the Squeeze vision, mission and values, particularly through the development and management of the Intranet;
- Define and present to senior management an annual operating budget to support communication and marketing efforts;
- Ensure dynamic and efficient management of the marketing communications team.
- Determined, proactive, thinks big, strives for excellence
- Flexible, positive, in solution mode
- Organized and goal-oriented
- Can juggle multiple tasks at once...
- Team player
- Strong communicator
- Able to operate under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Be perfectly bilingual French/English (read, spoken, written).
- Have at least 7 years experience in communication and marketing or in a similar position
- Have at least a Baccalaureate, option communication or marketing.
- Master the methods, techniques, tools and strategies of communication and marketing
- Have an excellent knowledge of the main social media and web communication tools and strategies
- Experience in team management
- Have a solid network of media contacts / press relations in Quebec and Canada.
- Having a network of contacts specific to the world of entertainment (film/television) internationally, particularly in Los Angeles is a major asset.
- Knowledge of the animation/ VFX / video game industry is an important asset.
- Knowledge of the Wordpress platform is an asset