Under the supervision of the producer, the project manager is in charge of the daily follow-up of the coordinators, the editor. He or she collaborates with the CG Sup and VFX Sup to ensure that the production complies with the schedule and the allocated budgets. He or she is responsible for planning the project and ensuring that it is updated at all times.
- Receives its mandate from the Producer and takes note of the specifics, as well as the commitments made by Squeeze vis-à-vis the client in the appendix to the contract.
- Provides the producer with a project schedule to ensure that all departments meet deadlines and budgets, and keeps it up to date at all times.
- Determines the deadlines of internal, external and planned deliveries to ensure that weekly deliveries and milestones are respected.
- Organize the workflow in detail, in collaboration with department supervisors, producers and coordinators.
- Collaborates with leads and the production team to ensure that the complexity of the work matches initial estimates and complies with the budgets and deadlines assigned to each department. Report problems otherwise.
- Assess workloads in order to create a realistic schedule and plans the production accordingly.
- Adapts planning to production problems in order to resolve issues and manages impacts on schedules and overtime.
- Works in concert with department heads and supervisors so that coordinators assign tasks to artists and plan their schedules, making sure to vary assignments to optimize performance and that they respect individual skills and stages of the production pipeline.
- Create and maintain reports that clearly illustrate the productivity of each department and each artist. Ensures that the data is precise and up to date by following the methodology established by the company.
- Supervise the coordinators' rounds on the production floor to discuss with the artists and the production team. Ensures that all issues are resolved by communicating with producers and supervisors.
- Anticipates potential production level problems and takes the initiative to provide solutions and reports problems to the producer.
- Participate in the client approval meetings to ensure that they take place according to studio procedures. He or she will takes notes of client meetings.
- Takes part in weekly production meetings in support of the producer to give details of the current project in support of finance for more specific questions
- In collaboration with the coordinators, checks the artists' timesheets and highlights to the producer potential overtime.
- Post-secondary education in film production or related field.
- Previous experience in coordinating films or TV series.
- Thorough knowledge of Shotgun.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Great rigor and thoroughness.
- Autonomy and initiative, ability to communicate easily and to work in a team.
- Work ethic focused on dynamism and collaboration.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and solve problems.
- Perfectly bilingual French / English, spoken and written.