CG Supervisor (Squeeze & Moov)
About the position
Squeeze and Moov are looking for a true CG enthusiast whose experience and strong artistic and technical leadership inspires excellence within his team. Thanks to his technical, creative and interpersonal skills, the CG supervisor knows how to manage a 3D animation project (film, TV series, cinematic) as a whole. Its choices are dictated by a constant concern to push and optimize at the artistic quality of each project to the highest level.
- Assumes technical responsibility for the visual quality of all CG elements in collaboration with the VFX Supervisor ;
- Work closely with the VFX Supervisor and Leads to prepare production planning within budget and deadlines ;
- In collaboration with the VFX Supervisor, defines a methodology and applies a production process resulting for overall approach defined on the project ;
- Evaluate the technical needs of the project and the requirements of the production pipeline and comes up with solutions with the Pipeline department, the Production Coordinators and the Leads of each department;
- Review weekly the achieved and future objectives, make the necessary adjustments and establish with the Leads clear objectives for the week to come, monitor the production process, progress and results ;
- Conducts a technical verification of the shots before delivery ;
- Technically supervises the Leads and artists with no Leads (for smaller departments) ;
- Prioritize and track tickets in collaboration with the pipeline supervisor;
- Participate with the VFX Supervisor in the adjustment of methodologies ;
- Participate in scrum, take notes and make sure to communicate relevant technical information to the Leads and VFX supervisor ;
- Follow up with Leads and artists to resolve scene issues ;
- Participate in dailies and recommend technical solutions to potential challenges ;
- Do the technical preparation of shots that have specific needs (2D, FX, matte painting) ;
- Participate in job interviews for Lead positions and artists whose team does not have a Lead ;
- Carry out post-mortem reports at the end of each project (technical post-mortem) ;
- Participate in the evaluation of the data generated as well as the rendering time for the project as a whole.
- Leadership ;
- Ability to interpret artistic reports from the creative director or clients ;
- Excellent managerial skills ;
- Human approach ;
- Strong technical background and good artistic eye ;
- Great sense of organization ;
- Excellent oral and written communicational skills;
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- DEC/AEC or university degree related to the position (3D animation, multimedia, etc.) ;
- Have more than 10 years of experience in the 3D animation industry, including a minimum of 3 years as a CG supervisor or any other similar position;
- Excellent technical knowledge of the industry's major CG pipelines to help find optimal solutions ;
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Good knowledge of the following software: Maya, Substance Painter, Mari, Redshift, Nuke, Ornatrix (or equivalent), Shotgun, Photoshop (a plus), Houdini, a plus.