The Visual Effects Supervisor is responsible for delivering the projects entrusted to him by leading the dedicated teams. He is the interlocutor with the client/director in order to capture the desired artistic quality and pass it on to the teams. In production, he supervises the shows from an artistic and technical point of view and works with the Producer to meet delivery deadlines within budget constraints. He participates in project evaluations along with business development.
- Establishes feasibility approaches and means to develop the director's vision and the artistic vision of the designer production.
- Ensures the respect of the artistic direction of the visual for the production and post-production in order to achieve the desired quality of the project
- Ensures that the look of the CG elements matches the overall artistic direction of the project with the Director and Production Designer and sees if adjustments are necessary.
- Demonstrates a critical eye to ensure that the work is always at its highest level of expected quality;
- In collaboration with the CG sup and Leads, determines the overall technical (methodology) and creative approach to be adopted for each project.
- Supervises the CG sup and Leads at the artistic level
- Drives the dailies
- Provides a critical and technical perspective by reviewing and making the necessary adjustments to the work created throughout the project
- Participates in client meetings
- Collects and analyzes customer returns and ensures their return to the various departments concerned
- Collaborates with the business development team and producers by participating in the breakdown of scripts and storyboards as well as in the evaluation of projects by identifying technical and artistic specificities (stereo, 2d animation, etc.) and by evaluating the time required in terms of resources.
- Advises and supports producers and the production manager in the development of the production schedule and the allocation of resources based on deliverables to partners in order to make the necessary recommendations.
- Provides feedback to leads and senior CGs on the creative, methodological, overall and technical performance of projects
- Participates in job interviews and assessments of Leads and Senior ACMs in collaboration with the HR team.
- 10 years of experience in animated TV series and film, including 4 years in a supervisory role.
- Critical judgment of design and rhythm
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to relate to clients and to establish a relationship of trust
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent leadership, ability to inspire and motivate teams
- Excellent organizational skills