FX 3D Artist
About the position
Squeeze and Moov are looking for an experienced FX artist. The artist generates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. They are responsible for lighting, rendering and moderate-level compositing of complex shots with guidance from their Lead and Supervisors.
- Designs and creates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems ;
- Light complex/multiple creatures (hairy or furry creatures) and elements ;
- Can set-up and wrangle heavy particle effects and enormous crowd shots ;
- Solid compositing ability, working knowledge of Nuke ;
- Can write/hack procedural surface shaders and volumetric shaders with proficiency ;
- Can animate moderate objects with proficiency ;
- Can pick-up new techniques quickly and easily and can debug just about anything ;
- Sets a standard for all FX artists in continually raising the bar for speed, quality of work and adaptability ;
- Create feature film quality effects using Houdini ;
- Coaching and mentoring artists in new techniques and efficiencies.
- 3 years minimum extensive experience in the animated movie industry ;
- Relevant background related to 3D animation ;
- Mastery of Houdini, Maya, Nuke, Redshift ;
- Pipeline scripting ability is a plus ;
- Experience with the Redshift render engine a plus.
- Artistic ;
- Detail-oriented ;
- Good communication ;
- Team spirit ;
- Excellent problem-solving skills ;
- Open to constructive criticism ;
- Autonomous ;
- Rigorous ;
- Able to deal with tight deadlines.